Friday, May 19, 2006

A Bridge across two cities-Part 3

It was a lazy sunday morning.

The neighborhood looked calm n quiet. Everyone must be busy in Sunday prayers, Gargi thought to herself.

She got up freshened up and made herself a steaming cup of ginger tea and left some for Freya in the microwave.

Sipping warm cup of tea fragrant with aroma of ginger was her practise since childhood. One habit that she would never give up for as long as she lives. Everyone was full of praises for the tea that she made.

As she stared through the fourt floor balcony towards the swimming pool, Freya walked in.

"Good morning, janeman', chirped Freya
'Ja chai rakhee hai pee le'

"So whats for breakfast"..teased Freya

"Hey, you to know, I can never have breakfast. Go make something for yourself and leave some for me for lunch", said Gargi

"Oh man..so you all set to go to the lab on SUNDAY"..howled Freya

"Haan yaar..will go n come back in couple of hours, so I can have sunday evening to chillax"..smiled Gargi

"Sounds good. Come back soon. We can make some alu parathas for dinner and catch up on last evening's gossip"..winked Freya

"Thats a good enuf motivation for me to come back soon" , Gargi said

"That Alok just drives me nuts, you know", Freya said as she munched Alu parathas with some yogurt

"Yeah, I know..but we can't change some people. Why drain yourself in that pretext" , Gargi said as a matter of fact.

"He just treats you like whatever. Why dont you just answer him back? Dont know how you stand him in the lab", questioned Freya

"Thats exactly why I do not want to mess around with the dude. Its hard to be friends in personal as well as professional life. If I behave rudely with him on a personal basis, it would reflect on my behavior when I am in the lab with him around me. Dont wanna mess up the work decorum, you see", Gargi mentioned

"Ya..its just a matter of 2 more years. Then you dont need to see the ass for the rest of your life" smiled Freya

"Hmm..its not JUST two years.Its TWO long years! That invloves being pally for atleast 12 hrs a day. Thats becoming increasingly difficult these days. With both of us being peers and the 'competition'. Even if you cannot be that way, you HAVE to be that way", sighed Gargi

"That we all face. Some more than the others. Plus, it also depends on how much you let yourself get affected by it" Freya said

"Plus, I have a wonderful roomie like you. A royal pain in the ass, that I need not be bothered by anymore pain", giggled Gargi

"Ya ya, dil mein kuch hai zubaan pe kuch hai. When I am gone to Atlanta, to meet didi, that time you miss me like anything' teased Freya

"Woh kya hai..I am scared of spending the night alone, thats why bug you. Otherwise, who in the right sense would miss you", Gargi said

"Why don't you get married? That way you need not spend the night alone", teased Freya

"Hahahahhaa...marriage..ya right"..Gargi said rolling her eyes

"Whats there to hahaha about it, huh?? You are 24 already", Freya said

"Huh..once an Indian always an Indian:P I am 24 ONLY. For heavens sake. Still have 2 more years left for me to walk down the aisle", said Gargi

"U know its not surprising for girls your age to have kids too. 24 is the right age of what my parents tell me. I am 23 and they have already starte looking around for me", Freya said

"Well, I am not opposed to marriage as such. But, its different about girls getting married in India and in US", said Gargi

"Ya, girls in US get more confused", teased Freya

"No..not that way. The whole long distance funda. First of all, its hard to find someone in the place where you live. By someone, I mean, one with whom you could "connect"to. And not many guys would be willing to start off with a long distance relationship", Gargi said

"Ya thats true. But, these things could always be worked on, you see. Plus, how hard is it, to find a desi guy in California yaar. Agar tujhe yahan koi nahi mila to, saree US mein nahi milega", teased Freya

"Agreed, these things could be worked on, but for that basic "liking" should be there. One will not readily agree to change the course of his/her life unless they like each other to that extent. And that liking is hard to come by"..said Gargi

"And as far as guys in California are concerned. Well, sometimes one person likes you and sometimes you like someone. I have to still encounter a situation, where I like the person and the same person likes me too"..Gargi continued......





3 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger jeenu said...

great post girlie as usual
the chemistry between the roomies are great..:)
cheers
jeenu

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Sudeep said...

jashi jashi series pudhe chalali aahe m getting damn sure of my stand :)

btw, when r u gonna intro Freya n me? main bhi tayyar hu shadi ke liye :D

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Rays Of Sun said...

#Wolf,
Mujhe bhi nahi pata aage kya hoga:)) Wait n see;)

#Jeens,
I hope reality mein waise roomies exist hote:) Well, Kripa was almost like Freya..

#Sudeep,
Are theek aahe..ekdum chukla nahi aahes tu:P
Freya is not a Raju:P
ROTF!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home